May 31, 2016
VIDEO CLIP AS HOOK 1:52 TO 3:42 CLIP USED
HOOKIf a person is in the wrong place and at the wrong time, he or she may be killed by a murderer. Similarly for a pregnant dog that need a Caesarean section. If the breeder cannot find the vet in time or has delayed seeking timely treatment, the puppies will be dead. .
This video provides some guidelines for your dog to go for a Caesarean section, based on more than 200 Caesarean sections for dog breeders in Singapore, performed by Dr Sing Kong Yuen over the past 10 years
1. NO SECOND PUP FOR 2 HOURS. By the time the breeder reaches the veterinary surgery, 3 to 4 hours will have passed as in this Dachshund case. (Video clip above).
The first pup was born naturally. The breeder waited for around 3 hours. He reached Toa Payoh Vets 3-4 hours after the first pup was born. Emergency Caesarean got him 2 distressed but live pups out. They were not crying loudly within 1 minute as in normal pups. All 3 passed away in the first 7 days. As to the cause of the deaths, it is hard to determine. The dam may not be in good health.
2. APPEARANCE OF THE WATER BAG OR GREEN VAGINAL DISCHARGE. Do not wait any longer.
3. TOO MANY PUPPIES. OVER 4 PUPPIES IN SMALL BREEDS. An elective Caesarean section for Chihuahua and Yorkshire Terriers saves lives as the dam will be too weak to contract. Delay leads to death of puppies.
A video is shown
4. CERTAIN BREEDS like English Bulldogs need Caeasarean section as their pelvis is too narrow for natural birth.
5. EXPERIENCED VET will take a shorter time to operate and hence produce better outcome.
6. 59-63 DAYS. According to some reports, the pups are formed at 59th - 63rd day of pregnancy.
7. NO UTERINE CONTRACTIONS AT THE 60TH DAY but there is milk and rectal temperature drop and rise within the last 12 hours. Take rectal temperature 3 hourly.
8. SINGLE PUP SYNDROME in some small breeds like the Chihuahua. Get an elective Caesarean section done by the 63rd day as the pup grows too big.
In Singapore, there are very few home breeders nowadays as compared to 10 years ago. Professional dog breeders are housed in a designated area in Pasir Ris and Seletar and much of the guidelines are for the professional dog breeder. However, NO two dogs in needing emergency or elective Caesarean section are alike. Much depends on the breeder's experience and judgment.
ACTUAL VIDEO PRODUCED. Intern Clara to use the 8 reasons for getting a Caesarean section and apply images or case study to substantiate the reasons. .